Simple Steps for Healthy Looking Skin
You can’t achieve healthy looking skin in one day, but following a complete skin care regimen that includes Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers on a daily basis will help you to get that soft, smooth skin you want. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll see and feel the difference.
Cleansing removes dirt, surface oils, sweat, makeup, dead skin cells and bacteria from the skin. But if the cleanser is too harsh, it can cause skin dryness and irritation, so it is important to use a mild cleanser that is non-drying, non-irritating, pH-balanced and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
How to Use a Cleanser:
- Apply to wet skin
- Gently massage
- Rinse and pat dry
- Cleanse morning and night
Cetaphil cleansers gently cleanse without drying or irritating the skin, while maintaining your natural pH balance. Plus, they don't leave any irritating residue on your skin. Recommended by dermatologists for clinically proven, effective and gentle skin care they’re ideal for all skin types and sensitive skin conditions.
Benefits of Cetaphil cleansers:
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar for bath or shower, on your face or all over!
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for facial cleansing, hands and total body, Also use as a gentle eye makeup remover!
Cetaphil RESTORADERM Wash for dry, itchy skin.
Have a topical prescription medication?
Now is the time to apply it, when your skin is freshly cleansed and before you moisturize.
Always follow your prescription
Moisturizing restores and retains the water content within the skin, while softening scaly, dry skin. Dry skin occurs when the skin's outer layer does not contain enough water. Skin water loss and dryness can occur from:
- Excessive and harsh cleansing, which can strip the skin's natural protective surface film
- Environmental conditions such as humidity levels
- Environmental exposure to chemical substances
- Skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea and psoriasis
Moisturizing the skin maintains the essential skin barrier function by:
- Hydrating, lubricating and softening scaly, tight skin
- Restoring and retaining skin water content to protect from further water loss
- Soothing skin inflammation
How to Use a Moisturizer:
- Apply liberally to skin
- Moisturize as needed, especially after washing hands and bathing
Cetaphil moisturizers contain superior system of emollients and humectants to preserve your skin's natural protective barrier and retain the essential moisture it needs daily. Recommended by dermatologists for clinically proven, effective and gentle skin care they’re ideal for all skin types and sensitive skin conditions. With regular use, your dry, sensitive skin will feel soft, smooth and moist.
Benefits of Cetaphil Moisturizers:
It's no secret: Sun exposure causes skin damage. In fact, over time, sun exposure can cause "photoaging" (premature aging of the skin). Photoaging ( or "photodamage") is a preventable skin condition. While aged skin is smooth and unblemished with exaggerated expression lines, photoaged skin has more pronounced wrinkles and darkened spots like freckles, with other signs dependent on severity:
- A mild case is generally characterized by winkles, freckles, blemishes and something called "telangiectases" (birthmark-type marks caused by small blood vessels)
- Moderate photoaging typically comes along with tough, rough, thickened, sallow (yellowish) skin
- Severe photoaging is usually indicated by a reduction in the skin's elasticity, scarring and something called "actinic keratosis" (permalignant skin lesions)
Certain skin types are more sensitive to the sun. They are called "photosensitive" and may include:
- Fair or sensitive (sun-reactive) skin
- Skin conditions like rosacea, melasma, and actinic keratosis
- Skin being treated with certain acne medications or therapies
- Skin that's undergone cosmetic procedures, peels and lasers
Regardless of your skin type, your face is exposed to daily UV radiation year-round, even on cloudy days, so you need to protect it every day against different types of damaging UV light:
- Longer wavelengths that remain constant throughout the seasons
- Penetrate more deeply into the skin and have cumulative effects
- Contribute to photodamage and skin cancer
- Shorter wavelengths that cause visible damage to the skin
- Primarily affect the skin's outer layers and are the primary cause of sunburn
- Contribute to the skin aging and skin cancer
- Are more intense during the summer months, at higher altitudes and in areas closer to the equator
The Canadian Dermatology Association recommends using a sunscreen with broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays every day.
How to use a Daily Facial moisturizer with SPF:
- Apply daily to face, neck to ears before sun exposure
- Avoid eye areas
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 and SPF 50 or Cetaphil DERMACONTROL Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 for the same benefits of other Cetaphil moisturizers with the added advantage of broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
For total body sun protection, use a full-spectrum, photostable sunscreen such as Ombrelle SPF 30, 45 or 60